Lake Forest College and the Chicago Bears struck a deal in 1978 for the NFL franchise, which had already been training at the College in the summers, to construct Halas Hall on South Campus to house the club’s offices and training facility. It was a 20-year lease and the Bears built their own facility and left the College in 1997. After raising the funds to completely renovate Halas Hall, the Forester Athletic Department moved into the building in the summer of 2001.
- Athletic Department offices and conference rooms (2nd floor)
- 1000-square-foot training room with separate rehab room and hydrotherapy area (1st floor)
- Forester soccer locker room (1st floor)
- Forester football locker room (ground level)
- Large meeting room, divisible into three sections (ground level)
- Balcony overlooking Farwell Field
- Dau Room, a social area honoring Mike Dau '58
- Racquetball/handball court
For facility rental information and availability, contact...
Operations Coordinator for Athletic Facilities